Press and hold the odometer reset button on your 2014 Dodge Ram. While continuing to hold the button, turn the ignition switch to the “On” position without starting the engine.
- Park your Dodge Ram on a level surface and turn off the engine
- Locate the oil life reset button on the instrument panel
- Press and hold the reset button for about five seconds until the light begins to flash
- Release the button and start your engine to complete the reset process
How Do You Reset the Oil Life on a 2014 Dodge Ram 1500?
If you need to reset the oil life on your 2014 Dodge Ram 1500, here’s how:
1. Start the engine and let it run for a few minutes so that the oil is warm. This will make it easier to drain.
2. Turn off the engine and place a large catch pan under the oil drain plug on the bottom of the oil pan. 3. Remove the drain plug and allow all of the used oil to drain out into the catch pan. Be sure to dispose of used oil properly – do not pour it down a storm sewer or other drainage ditch!
4. Once all of the used oil has drained, replace the drain plug and tighten it securely with a wrench. Avoid over-tightening, which could strip threads or damage the seal. Just snug it up until you feel resistance.
5. Fill up your engine with fresh motor oil – consult your owner’s manual or service manual for specific recommendations on type and quantity (usually 5W-30 synthetic motor oil). You can usually do this right at your local gas station without having to go to a separate auto parts store first. If you’re unsure about what kind of motor oil to use, ask someone at the gas station for help – they should be able to point you in the right direction based on your vehicle’s make and model year.
. 6 . With fresh motor oil in hand, locate your dipstick (it will have “oil” written on it) and insert it back into its tube.
. 7 . Pull out dipstick again and check thatthe level is correct – there should be a crosshatched area towards one end ofthe stick that indicates where fullness begins.
. 8 . If necessary, add more fresh motoroil until you reachthe full mark.. 9 . Finally, use aclean ragto wipe off any spilledmotoroil from aroundthe fill capbefore screwingit backon tightly.. 10 . And that’s it! You’vesuccessfullyresetthe oillifeon yourDodgeRam1500for another 3,000milesor 3 months(whichever comesfirst)..
How Do You Reset the Oil Life on a Dodge Ram?
It is important to reset the oil life on your Dodge Ram after an oil change. This can be done by pressing and holding the odometer button while turning the ignition key to the “run” position. Once the odometer displays, press and release the button until “oil life” appears.
Press and hold the button again until the display resets to 100%.
How Do You Reset the Oil Life on a 2013 Dodge Ram 1500?
If you need to reset the oil life on your 2013 Dodge Ram 1500, here’s how:
1. Start the engine and let it run for a few minutes to warm up.
2. Turn off the engine and open the hood.
3. Locate the oil dipstick and remove it from the engine. 4. Wipe off the dipstick with a clean cloth or paper towel. 5. Reinsert the dipstick into the engine and pull it out again to check the oil level.
The oil should be at or near the “full” mark on the dipstick. If it’s not, add more oil until it reaches that level.
How Do You Reset the Oil Life on a 2015 Ram 1500?
It’s easy to reset the oil life on your 2015 Ram 1500. Just follow these simple steps:
1. Press and hold the “trip odometer” button on your instrument panel for about five seconds.
2. The display will show “oil life 100%” or something similar. 3. Press and release the “trip odometer” button again to confirm that you want to reset the oil life. 4. The display will now show “oil life Reset”, meaning that the procedure is complete.
How to reset the oil change required light on a 2014 Dodge Ram
2014 Ram 2500 Oil Reset
As you may know, the oil life indicator in your 2014 Ram 2500 needs to be reset after every oil change. Here’s how to do it:
1. Start the engine and let it idle for a few minutes.
2. Turn off the engine and wait a minute or two. 3. Press and hold the Trip/Odometer button while turning on the ignition switch (without starting the engine). 4. Continue holding the Trip/Odometer button until “OIL LIFE 100%” appears in the display (about 10 seconds).
That’s it! You’ve now reset your oil life indicator and can continue driving your Ram 2500 without worry.
How to Reset Oil Life on 2013 Ram 2500
As the proud owner of a 2013 Ram 2500, you probably take pretty good care of your truck. You keep it clean, you change the oil regularly, and you make sure to stay on top of all the maintenance tasks that are required to keep your truck running like a top. But did you know that one of those maintenance tasks is resetting the oil life indicator?
That’s right – even though you may change your own oil religiously, if you don’t reset the indicator after each oil change, it won’t be accurate. So how do you do it? The first thing you need to do is locate the Reset button.
On most trucks, this will be located on the dash near the speedometer. Once you’ve found it, press and hold down the button for about 5 seconds. The light should then turn off – this indicates that the system has been reset and is now ready to start tracking your new oil life.
It’s really that simple! By taking just a few seconds to reset your oil life indicator after each oil change, you can ensure that it stays accurate and up-to-date. This will help you keep track of when your next oil change is due – which is important for maintaining optimal performance from your truck!
2014 Ram 3500 Oil Reset
If you’re the owner of a 2014 Ram 3500, you know that regular maintenance is key to keeping your truck running smoothly. One important part of maintaining your Ram 3500 is making sure you keep up with oil changes. Luckily, resetting the oil change indicator on your truck’s dash is a simple process.
Here’s how to do it: First, start the engine and let it run for about five minutes. This will allow the oil to warm up and circulate properly.
Next, turn off the engine and locate the oil reset button. This button is usually located near the bottom of the dash on the driver’s side. Once you’ve found the button, press and hold it for about five seconds.
You should see a message on the dash confirming that the oil change indicator has been reset. That’s all there is to it! By following these simple steps, you can ensure that your Ram 3500 always has fresh oil and stays in good condition for years to come.
2015 Ram 1500 Oil Reset
If you’re the proud owner of a 2015 Ram 1500, then you know that this tough and reliable truck is built to last. But even the best trucks need a little bit of TLC from time to time, and one important part of regular maintenance is keeping up with your oil changes. Fortunately, resetting the oil change light on your Ram 1500 is a quick and easy process that you can do yourself in just a few minutes.
Here’s how to reset the oil change light on your 2015 Ram 1500: 1. Start by turning the key to the “On” position without starting the engine. 2. Press and release the gas pedal three times within five seconds.
3. You should see the message “Oil Reset Complete” appear on your instrument panel display. If not, repeat steps 1-3 until it does appear. And that’s it!
Your oil change light has been successfully reset and you’re good to go for another few thousand miles.
If you need to reset the oil life on your 2014 Dodge Ram, it’s a pretty simple process. All you need to do is locate the oil life display on the instrument cluster, and then press and hold the button until the display shows “100.” That’s it!