The oil life on a 2012 Dodge Ram can be reset by performing the following steps:
1. Turn the ignition key to the “On” position, but do not start the engine.
2. Press and release the gas pedal three times within five seconds.
3. Turn off the ignition key.
- Park your 2012 Dodge Ram in a level area
- Turn the ignition to the “On” position without starting the engine
- Press and release the accelerator pedal three times within five seconds
- Observe the message center display to see when the oil life has been reset back to 100 percent
How Do You Reset the Oil Life on a Dodge Ram 1500?
When it comes to resetting the oil life on your Dodge Ram 1500, there are a few things that you will need to do. First, you will need to find the oil life monitor button. This button is typically located on the dash near the speedometer.
Once you have found the button, simply press and hold it for about five seconds. The next thing that you will need to do is start up your Ram 1500 and let it idle for about two minutes. After this time has elapsed, you can then turn off your engine and proceed to press and hold the oil life monitor button again for another five seconds.
By doing this, you should have successfully reset the oil life on your Dodge Ram 1500!
How Do I Reset My 2012 Dodge Ram 1500?
If you need to reset your 2012 Dodge Ram 1500, there are a few different ways that you can do it. Depending on what you need to reset, the process may be different. Here are some instructions on how to reset your 2012 Dodge Ram 1500:
If you need to reset the oil life indicator: 1. Start the engine and let it idle for two minutes. 2. Turn off the engine and wait five seconds.
3. Press and hold the trip odometer button while turning the ignition switch back on (do not start the engine). release the button when “Oil Life Reset” appears in the odometer display. 4. Press and release the trip odometer button again to confirm selection and begin system initialization procedure – this may take up to 30 seconds or longer depending on vehicle options installed.
When complete, “100%” will be displayed followed by current mileage reading – press any button to exit this screen If you need to reset tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS): 1)Turn Ignition On-Off-On-Off within 5 secs then press & hold TPMS RESET button until horn chirps once (approximately 10 secs), release button & turn Ignition Off
2)Start Engine 3)Drive Vehicle above 16 mph (25 km/h) for 3 min 4)Stop Vehicle & turnIgnition Off
If you need to rest electronic level control (ELC): 1) Park vehicle on a level surface with ignition OFF 2) Cycle ignition key ON-OFF-ON within 5 seconds 3) Depress brake pedal fully
4) Push and hold ELC calibration switch located under driver side of dash 5) With ELC calibration switch depressed, depress accelerator pedal fully
How Do You Reset the Oil Life on a 2012 Ram 2500?
How do you reset the oil life on a 2012 Ram 2500?
The oil life on a 2012 Ram 2500 can be reset by following these steps:
1. Turn the ignition to the “On” position without starting the engine.
2. Press and release the accelerator pedal slowly three times within five seconds. 3. The message center will display “Oil Life Reset” if successful.
How Do You Reset the Service Light on a 2012 Dodge Ram 3500?
If you need to reset the service light on your 2012 Dodge Ram 3500, there are a few different ways that you can do it. One way is to simply disconnect the battery for a few minutes and then reconnect it. This will cause the service light to reset itself.
Another way is to use a diagnostic tool to clear the codes that are causing the service light to come on in the first place. Whichever method you choose, make sure that you follow the instructions carefully so that you don’t accidentally damage your vehicle.
2012 Dodge Ram: reset oil change message
2011 Ram 1500 Oil Reset
The 2011 Ram 1500 comes with a oil reset feature that helps to ensure your engine stays properly lubricated. This is done by automatically resetting the oil life monitor after each oil change. Here’s how to do it:
1. Start the engine and let it idle for a few minutes. 2. Turn off the engine and wait for about five seconds. 3. Press and hold the trip odometer button while turning on the ignition switch.
The message “Oil Reset” will appear in the odometer window. Release the button when this happens. 4. Press and release the trip odometer button repeatedly until “100%” appears in the odometer window, then press and hold the button for about five seconds until “Reset” appears briefly to confirm that the reset is complete.
Reset Oil Change Dodge Ram 2008
If you’re like most people, you probably don’t think much about your car’s oil. But did you know that oil is actually one of the most important fluids in your vehicle? It helps keep all of the engine’s moving parts lubricated, and it also helps to keep the engine cool.
Over time, however, oil can become dirty and needs to be changed. Resetting the oil change indicator on your Dodge Ram 2008 is a simple process that only takes a few minutes. Here’s how:
First, find the oil life monitor button. This is usually located on the instrument panel near the speedometer. Once you’ve found it, press and hold the button for about five seconds.
The message “OIL LIFE RESET” should appear on the display screen. If it doesn’t, consult your owner’s manual for further instructions. Once the message appears, turn off your engine and wait a few minutes for all of the oil to drain back into the pan.
Then remove the old oil filter and replace it with a new one. Finally, add fresh motor oil to your engine until it reaches the full mark on the dipstick. That’s it!
You’ve now reset your Dodge Ram’s oil life indicator and are good to go for another 3,000 miles or so before needing another change (assuming you use conventional motor oil).
2012 Ram 3500 Oil Reset
If you own a 2012 Ram 3500, you may be wondering how to reset the oil light. The process is actually quite simple and can be done in just a few minutes. Here’s what you need to do:
1. Start the engine and let it idle for a minute or two. 2. Turn off the engine and wait a few seconds for everything to come to a complete stop. 3. Locate the oil reset button on the dash.
It should be located near the speedometer or tachometer. 4. Press and hold the oil reset button for about 5 seconds until the oil light comes on. release the button and start your engine again.
Your 2012 Ram 3500 is now ready for another 5,000 miles of driving!
Reset Oil Change Dodge Ram 2019
If you own a Dodge Ram, you may be wondering when to reset the oil change light. The process is actually quite simple and can be done in just a few minutes. Here’s what you need to do:
First, locate the button on your dash that says “OIL.” This is the button you will use to reset the oil change light. Press and hold this button for about 5 seconds.
After 5 seconds has passed, the oil change light should turn off. If it doesn’t, try pressing and holding the button again for a few more seconds. That’s all there is to it!
Once the light has been reset, you can continue driving your Dodge Ram as usual. Be sure to keep an eye on your oil level and change it when needed – typically every 5,000 miles or so.
If you need to reset the oil life on your 2012 Dodge Ram, it’s a pretty simple process. All you need to do is find the oil life monitor button, which is located on the instrument panel. Once you’ve found the button, press and hold it for about five seconds.
The oil life monitor will then reset itself and should be good to go!